Things are definitely moving in a positive direction for the local Miramichi real estate market and 2011 is off to a great start. In January sales were over 1 million dollars for Miramichi and surrounding rural areas, where just last year sales were at $318,327 for the same time. This adds to the 2010 finish which had housing sales stay almost identical in units yet increase in dollar volume sold by almost 1.4 million dollars.
Real estate is a good indicator of the economic pulse and we at Royal LePage Miramichi are seeing all the signs of a great year ahead. In fact we are currently in the good, yet frustrating, position of having a number of clients ready and looking to buy now, yet unable to find them any properties currently on the market that they are satisfied with. Following is a list of some of the current needs we have for properties:
· Client A – Looking for a 3 bedroom house or mini-home that is in good repair and preferably in the Newcastle area and under $100,000. FOUND!
· Client B – Looking for a 3 bedroom house that is in good repair. A 2nd bathroom would be great as would bungalow style. The client is somewhat open to location including being outside city limits, but having Rogers cable is a must. They would prefer to be under $85,000.
· Client C – Looking for a home with a granny suite or apartment. The client prefers the Nelson area and price possibly up to $150,000 - $170,000 for the right house.
· Client D – Looking for a waterfront property preferably in the Renous / Blackville area, but might consider elsewhere for the right spot. Definitely needs 2 bedrooms minimum and a bit rustic or cottage style is okay. Needs to be available for year round living. Client would prefer under $100,000.
· Client E – 3 bedroom home in the Nelson, Chatham, Bushville, or Loggieville areas. Fixer-upper okay, but needs to have good structure. Garage would be nice, but if not definitely needs room for one. Under $90,000.
· Client F – Looking for a 3 bedroom mini-home in the range of $60,000 or less preferred. Area doesn’t matter as client is looking to move the property on to their own land.
If you know of anyone who might have a property similar to those listed above, we would love to hear from them. Also, just in general if someone is thinking of selling this spring or summer season we would love to hear from them early, even before they are ready, as we can help provide them with tips and advice on how to maximize their property’s value!
If you are a buyer and looking to purchase in the next 3 - 12 months, we would also like to hear from you and we offer special Buyer Programs that can keep you on top of the local market and help you find the perfect property sooner! Contact us today!